‘The Stratford Upon Avon & Midland Junction Railway’ (or S.M.J.) was a small independent railway company which ran a line across the empty, untouched centre of England. It visited the counties of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire and a little of Buckinghamshire, only existing as the SMJ from 1909 to 1923. In 1923 the S.M.J.became a minor arm of the London Midland and Scottish (L.M.S.), then in 1948 'British Railways' 

Gone but not forgotten: "the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth"

SMJ Forum

Coaches used on SMJ 1948-1952

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what coaching stock was used on the SMJ between 1948-1952. I've started Building Byfield station building and managed to find basically what locos were used but coaches........? Can't seem to find…Continue

Started by Clive on Tuesday.

Coaches used on SMJ 1948-1952

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what coaching stock was used on the SMJ between 1948-1952. I've started Building Byfield station building and managed to find basically what locos were used but coaches........? Can't seem to find…Continue

Started by Clive on Tuesday.

The Campion Family: SMJ employees 5 Replies

I would be grateful if anyone can let me know if there are any registers, documents or other employee information that exists where I might be able to find out more about the following members of my family:1. Henry Campion   1830-1910  Lived in…Continue

Started by David Campion. Last reply by David Campion Jul 25.

lManning Wardle lcomotive MOROUS

Read in recent  HERITAGE RAILWAY magazine that an original nameplate from this 1860's  loco has been donated to the Colonel Stephens Museum.   Interesting as apparently it started life as a contracter's loco building the E  and WJR  and then ran for…Continue

Started by ray w Jun 21.

SMJ photos

• Add Photos

All Discussions Tagged 'EBay' (1)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Interesting Ebay item

Thanks to Gary for the heads up! https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254054775180 Andy

Started by Andy Thompson

1 Jan 8
Reply by Phil Street

RSS

© 2019   Created by Andy Thompson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service